I have so much catching up to do on this blog. I know some of you are checking frequently and I'm so sorry there's been nothing new for weeks. I promise to at least post some new pics this weekend. We've had many firsts over the last month and I've got to document them before I forget!
Today, however, I just wanted to write a quick post about Sadie turning 16 months old! Sadie continues to delight and amaze me. She is such an amazing little girl. Here are some of her many talents:
- She can drink from a straw. I learned this when I was trying to distract her and put my Diet Coke in front of her. Imagine my surprise when the soda started flowing up the straw.
- She can go up and down stairs with little trouble.
- She can go down a small slide on her bottom and on her tummy.
- She's a really good eater but we recently discovered that she loves tomatoes, green beans, Pinkberry, cherries, artichokes, strawberry ice cream, chicken and apple sausage, pluots and cantaloupe.
- She can point to her nose and her belly button.
- She LOVES the Itsy Bitsy Spider. Sometimes I have to sing it on a loop to calm her down.
- She is babbling all the time. I think more words are coming soon.
- She can stack buckets but much prefers knocking them down.
- She can easily build with duplos.
- She's almost completely weaned off the formula and finally drinking milk.
- She still loves to dance! I swear she's got the music in her!
We didn't do anything special today but she did get presents (of course). She has been enjoying this big drum at daycare so I got her the Parents Bee Bop Band. (Half the price at Target by the way!) It is so freakin cute! It has a drum with drumsticks and a tambourine, maraca, bells and a xylophone that all fit inside. She loved it. She also got another Sandra Boynton book - "Pajama Time!" These books are so great. Short and catchy! Our collection is quickly growing.
We are still struggling with sleep issues but I'll save that for another post. Sadie's been pretty clingy recently, which I'm sure has to do with the fact that she's started going to daycare for a few hours every other day to prepare for my return to work next Monday. : ( (I'll blog about daycare soon!) I love that she wants to be with me and wants to be held. I'm so glad that she is attaching to me, but it makes it extremely difficult to get anything done. Hence, the lack of posts. I think we might settle into a routine once I'm back at work and hopefully that routine will allow a little time every few days to blog about my beautiful daughter!!