Wednesday, February 6, 2008

mom update

Well, my mom is still in the hospital but they FINALLY let her try to eat and drink today and she kept it all down.  Hurray!!!  She had some broth, jello and apple juice.  This is the first she's eaten and kept down in weeks.  This is a very good sign.  They want to move her up to solids slowly so she'll be in the hospital a little while longer, but she is definitely feeling better. 

This makes me VERY happy.  I don't want to sound selfish, but I want and need my mom to come with me to get Sadie.  I can't explain it, I just do!  It just wouldn't feel right without her there.  My dad and I went to dinner last night after visiting with my mom and I asked him if he was ready to make the trip with me alone if need be.  Thankfully, he said he would.  So, I know I won't have to go alone, but it won't be the same without my mom.  Thankfully, she seems to be on the mend.  And since my I600 approval will likely take many more weeks, she'll have time to regain her strength and gain a little weight back.  I never thought I'd be OK with the slowdown at USCIS.  I guess everything happens for a reason.  : )

No comments: