Sunday, March 30, 2008

kick me when i'm down

Every post is starting to sound the same these days.  The positive thinking is not working.  Things suck!  I've gone from thinking it is going to take months to bring my daughter home to actually thinking it may never happen.  Why doesn't USCIS want me to adopt this baby?

I received an unpleasant email from my agency on Friday (just in time for the weekend) that I could have done without.  Today, I see on the Bring Our Children Home website that they are now listing my daughter's orphanage as a blocked location.  That means that the officials there are "not cooperating with the investigation."  They say I should expect a letter that is akin to the nasty one I received about the hospital where my daughter was born.  I've emailed my agency and the BOCH website for more details.  I don't know what else to do.  My daughter was born in a hospital that is allegedly not cooperating then moved to an orphanage that is allegedly not cooperating.  Basically, I'm screwed.  What doesn't make sense is that 7 families from my agency who were approved 2 weeks ago have babies who were born at my hospital.  And at least one family that got approved has a baby in my orphanage.  How did those investigations get completed?   Were they cooperating and then all of a sudden stop?  Did anyone even bother to investigate those cases or did they just sit on someone's desk for months?  How can I get answers to these questions?

Tomorrow marks 60 days waiting for approval.  I honestly don't know how much longer I can live though this wait. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I'm sending you an email. xox

Anonymous said...

Nope . . . . no kicking allowed! Know this . . . . Your peeps on the "right coast" are not taking this lying down! Admittedly, this has turned into a horror story for our children, but the powers that be have surely underestimated the will of us to bring them home. I sat with our powerful contingency on Saturday and I know one thing. . . . If I have to be in this boat, there are no better people in the world to be in it with than our people. We got one key player in DC fighting for us and we'll do it again and again until all our children are home. Dry your tears darlin . . . . the cavalry is coming . . . .

James and Melissa said...

I am so sorry you are going through this. We will all get through it. I have waiting close to 90 days with no word on our case. It has been about 60 working days so we hope to hear something soon. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.