Sunday, July 8, 2007

retail therapy

A few weeks ago, things at work took a turn for the worse. I love my job and most of the people that I work with, but my workplace is pretty crappy these days. So, after a miserable week, I ducked out of work early and went to a craft show at the Santa Monica Civic Center that one of my volunteers told me about. It was a lot nicer than I expected. They had beautiful art, jewelry and other things. I bought some darling silver mermaid earrings, a pink crocodile passport cover (too cute) and a lilac sachet. I saw a mezzuzah that I considered buying for the baby's room, but passed.

After the craft fair, I went to the Santa Monica Place. I honestly don't know what got in to me but I decided to walk in to Gymboree. I really hadn't bought anything for baby other than the items from Europe. I wasn't looking to spend a lot of money so I went straight to the sale rack. I started looking through and couldn't believe my eyes. There was this darling dress with little pictures all over it. I looked closely and it said Spanish Steps. I looked again and saw Gelateria. The dress had little pictures of landmarks in Rome. Having just returned from Rome, I loved it. I bought this darling jumper and the matching dress.

Well, shortly thereafter I lost my "I can't buy too much too early" sense and it's been a blast. After buying these pieces I went to Ebay where I found the dress in a larger size and a matching blanket. Oh my goodness.....I love this line!!!

No comments: