Wednesday, July 4, 2007

when in rome

So, I did all I could for my home study and then my mom and I went to London and Rome for two weeks at the end of April. We had a FANTASTIC time. I took over 800 pictures. I think the reason I took pictures of practically everything I saw was because I'm afraid it will be MANY, MANY years before I get back!

So far, I hadn't really bought anything for my baby girl. The only exception was in February, while in Monterey for work, I bought a children's book and small otter stuffed animal at the aquarium. They were just sooo cute!

I decided that while I was in Europe I had to buy a few things since I won't likely be back for a while. I have to say it was so much fun shopping for her. We started our trip in London where the first thing I bought was at Harrod's. I found this cute pink bear and bib.

The next purchase was at the London Eye. We found this darling children's book called Little Lillie Visits the London Eye. It's about a little girl named Lillie who has a magic basket that transports her to magical places. I loved that it was about the place we just visited. I looked in the back of the book and found that there were others. While at Windsor Castle, I bought Little Lillie Visits Windsor Castle. We scoured London for the other books, but no luck. Sadly, and oddly, they're not available on their website. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

While trying to find the other Little Lillie books, we found these darling Katie Books: Katie in London, Katie and the Mona Lisa and Katie and the Sunflowers.

Then it was off to Rome. I found this great Pippi Longstockings book that was in Italian and my mom thought I was crazy for wanting to buy it. She talked me out of it but I did buy this Little Mermaid board book in Italian. My girl is going to be so worldly! (p.s. I found the same Pippi book in English on Ebay when I got home!)

Last, and most certainly not least, my mom bought my baby girl this beautiful rosebud dress. *Thank you grandma!* We bought it a little big (about a 2T) so it will probably be a while before she grows into it. I'll definitely save it for a special occasion. I can't wait to see her in it.


No comments: