Saturday, July 7, 2007

random thoughts...

I've still got more adoption process to blog about, but it has occurred to me that eventually I'm going to run out of adoption stuff to talk about. So, every now and again I'll take the opportunity to discuss random topics. Here is my first "random" post...

Last weekend I watched the Concert for Diana and this weekend I watched Live Earth. Being a huge music fan, it was fun to see some of my favorite acts performing live. Actually, I was surprised to see so many of the bands from the Diana show playing again this weekend for Live Earth. Then I got to thinking...if I was going to plan a big benefit concert, which artists/bands would I want to include? So just for fun, I came up with my top 10. They are (in no particular order):

Keane
Depeche Mode
Justin Timberlake
Rick Springfield
Chicago
Duran Duran
Sting
Damien Rice
Goo Goo Dolls
REM


I'm not sure what my taste in music says about me. Gosh, at first glance I'm thinking....where are the women? And what year is it for crying out loud? I think to a certain extent I'm still living in the past. I mean, how many women my age are still gaga for Rick Springfield? I don't just remember him fondly from high school, I have all of his cds and see him live every year. Come to think of it though, my friends E, K and Y all like him too! My friend E even pinched his behind when we saw him at the House of Blues a few years ago. It was one of the funniest things ever! I can't wait to tell her daughter all about it one day.

Honestly though, there are tons of other artists that I love. For what seems like forever, my mom and I always go to tons of concerts every summer. I guess I should enjoy this summer since it will probably be my last, huh? At least until my baby girl is old enough to come along. I can remember seeing Barry Manilow with my mom at Universal when it didn't have a roof. We also saw bands like Styx and the Doobie Brothers. I truly don't know how I got her to take me to see Adam Ant one year. She still has not forgiven me for that. I must have been very persuasive. Anyway, I hope my baby girl loves music as much as me and my mom do. It will be such a fun thing for us to all do together.

No comments: