Sunday, November 11, 2007

REFERRAL DAY!!!!!

Oh my gosh..... So, I'm having a lazy, boring Saturday. I didn't leave the house. I just laid around, watched the Tivo and cleaned a little. Can you imagine my surprise when at 6pm my phone rings and I see the name of my agency contact on my Caller ID. Keep in mind that she is in North Carolina where it is 9pm on Saturday night.

I answered the phone and she asked if I was home and could talk. I said yes and then she told me that she was looking at a picture of a beautiful baby girl that she thinks will be perfect for me. I started to shake and cry. She asked if I was near a computer and I told her I was running downstairs to turn it on. Of course my brand new laptop (long story for another time) wouldn't connect to the internet so I couldn't get to her email. She wanted to hear my reaction when I opened the email so she stayed on the line while I tried to figure out what was wrong. In the meantime she told me that the baby was born on May 25th. She is in Ho Chi Minh City. She told me that all of her tests have been negative and her exams have been normal. She weighed 6 pounds 7 oz at birth. She now weighs 11 pounds 9 oz and she is 23 inches long. I'm freaking out at this point because I still can't get online. All I want to do is see my little girl! When it just didn't look like it was going to happen, she offered to let me go and asked me to let her know when I receive the email.

I immediately called my mom and told her what was happening. Now both of us are freaking out. Finally, I was able to get online and find the email. It had 4 attachments: 2 pictures and 2 medical reports.

I don't know how to put into words what it felt like to see the first picture. Just writing about it now makes me cry. She is the most adorable baby girl. She has tons of dark hair that sticks straight up on top. She has big, beautiful dark eyes and gorgeous lips. I immediately start counting her fingers and toes.....all there! She looks really healthy to me.

Her medical records are in Vietnamese but between my dad and I we figured out that the blood tests were run in August and were all negative.

After my mom (who still has dial-up) was finally able to download the pictures we just sat on the phone in shock. I can't believe it. This baby is my daughter.

No comments: