Sunday, November 25, 2007

thanksgiving dinner....yummy!

Well, my mom still wasn't back to normal but we went ahead with thanksgiving dinner.  It was quite the accomplishment for me.  I usually make dessert and cranberry sauce and my mom pretty much makes the rest.  I help with the side dishes when I get to the house, but she handles the turkey and stuffing all on her own.  Well, this year, she just couldn't manage it so she seasoned the turkey and put it in the oven without the stuffing.  I did all the rest.  I made stuffing, yams, vegetable casserole and a yummy appetizer I saw Paula Deen make on tv that morning.  Everything was great!  I'm hoping we can go back to the old way of doing things next year though.  Especially since I'll likely be chasing a toddler around the house all day!

No comments: