Thursday, October 23, 2008

what a difference a week makes

So we saw the doctor for the third time in a week last Friday.  She said the new rash was from the virus and that "viruses are contagious."  Great!  She also said that her skin was really dry and suggested I put lotion on her.  That's when I told her (the 4th doctor that week) that it was the lotion that started all of this the week before.  She suggested Eucerin and said she had to stay home as long as she had the rash.  The weekend was rough.  She was still so congested and was coughing more and more.  Her skin looked awful.  It was so sad because since the day she was put in my arms, we've always commented on how lovely her skin was.  Sunday night her skin started looking better.  The Eucerin really seemed to be helping and she loves when I give her a little massage. 

I kept her home with my mom on Monday because I really wanted her to be 100% before I sent her back to the germs at daycare.  By Tuesday her rash was finally gone.  She still has a cough, but I sent her to daycare and she did fine.  She was so exhausted at the end of the day when I picked her up.  When we got home we went upstairs so I could get out of my work clothes and she took her lovey blanket, laid it on the floor in the bathroom and laid down.  Poor baby.  She had a quick bath and dinner and was asleep before 8pm - unheard of for her!  She's been doing well the rest of the week.

Today her daycare had a field trip to the local pumpkin patch.  I took the morning off to go with them.  It was a tiny pumpkin patch, but it was fun.  Honestly, she wasn't really impressed.  She didn't like the hay on the ground and walked funny the entire time we were there.  I took a bunch of pictures but didn't get a single one of her smiling.  She just wasn't sure what to make of it.  They had a ball pit so I put her in and she just sunk to the bottom.  It was so funny.  The other kids were flailing around and she just sat there.  Eventually, she moved around a bit and seemed to enjoy herself.  We bought a little pumpkin and some Indian corn and then walked back to daycare. 






Understandably, she was not happy when the time came for me to go to work.  She cried a little, but was fine shortly after I left. 

When I went to pick her up at the end of the day, she was sitting at the table finishing her snack - this girl loves to eat!  When she turned to look at me, I laughed out loud.  She had white stuff all over half of her face and all over her clothes.  Turned out they had a big table with flour and a bunch of toys and apparently she was enthralled with it for 40 minutes!  She looked like the Phantom of the Opera with half of her face covered in white.  I don't think these pictures do it justice but I tried to capture the cuteness. 



I have the day off tomorrow because I have to work this Saturday.  I'm taking Sadie to daycare and having a "me" day.  I'm going to see "High School Musical 3"  in the morning (yes, I'm 40 years old and LOVE HSM!) and then plan to clean the house and get caught up on my thank you notes.  My volunteers have been SO GENEROUS to Sadie and I just haven't had a chance to get the thank you notes out.

Sadie's school is having a Halloween parade so I got a very cute costume for her.  I promise to post pictures next week.   

No comments: