Sunday, December 7, 2008

meeting grandmama

The day after my big work event, I got to take the day off since I put in tons of overtime working on speeches, the program, etc.  So, I decided to finally take Sadie to meet my grandma, her great grandma.  We had planned to go down a couple times before but had to cancel due to my grandma or Sadie being sick.  My grandma is 93 and lives about an hour away.  She is not in the best of health. 

My mom decided to come with us.  We packed up a bunch of toys and food for Sadie and head on down south.  Sadie slept the entire drive down.  I'm sorry to say I hadn't seen my grandma in a while and it was awful to see how she has declined.  When we got there, my grandma was sitting in the living room.  We sat together for a little while and I showed her some of my pictures from Vietnam.  She has always been hard of hearing, but she really can't hear anything I say.  I don't know if it is my voice in particular, but it makes it really hard to visit with her.  A little while later we decided to eat lunch.  Sadie sat at the table like a big girl and ate pretty well.  She was a little quiet with her grandmama, but was very good in the house full of pretty, breakable things.  A little while after lunch my grandma said she had to go lay down.  Turns out she didn't sleep at all the night before.  So she went to bed and we hung around for a while.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of Sadie with her grandmama, but we did snap these cute pictures. 

008

013

018

Looking at pictures of herself in grandmama's Sadie album

029

I hope we can visit again soon.  I really want to get some pictures of Sadie with her grandmama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She looks so pretty!
Do visit again soon and get pictures of Sadie with your grandma. It's so amazing that she has the opportunity to have both a grandmother and greatgrandma.