Sunday, January 27, 2008

that's what friends are for!

I don't know why, but I've only given my blog address to 2 of my friends (Y and E).  I'm writing it for me and my munchkin.  It's not that I don't want my friends and family to read it.  Eventually, when my munchkin is here, I hope to use the blog as a way to keep those I don't see often, up to date on how amazing my daughter is.  For now, however, I update it when I have the time.  I don't really think about anyone else reading it so it's always a lovely surprise to find comments from other adopting parents who have somehow found me in cyberspace!  Especially my Internet friend K in the Netherlands!!

So, imagine my surprise when I received a call from Y this afternoon saying that she saw my blog and wanted to help get me out of my funk.  She wanted to know if I wanted to go shopping and to the movies.  For a minute I thought it would be easier to stay home and veg.  But then I decided that I wanted to get out.  Well, we had such a fun day.  First we went shopping for baby clothes at Macy's.  She needed a gift for her brand new niece.  I needed nothing, but of course my munchkin ended up with no less than 6 new outfits!  Everything was on sale and I had a coupon so how could I not?!  Then we went to see "27 Dresses."  Predictable but cute and just what I was in the mood for.  We had a fun celebrity sighting on the way out of the theater.  We saw Patricia Wetig and Ken Olin.  I've loved them both since "Thirtysomething."  I still think he is sexy, but he's not aging as well as I imagined he would.  Anyway, we finished the night having dinner with her fabulous hubby.  I'm a lucky girl to have such amazing friends.  Can't wait for my munchkin to meet her Auntie Y!

No comments: