Thursday, January 31, 2008

what a week

I'm so happy that tomorrow is Friday.  It's been quite a week and I'm ready for it to be over. 

Still no acknowledgement and Tet starts next week.  That is not good since rumor has it that everything shuts down for many days during Tet.  Monday will be two weeks since my I600 was submitted.  Come on people....just let me know that you have it so my "60 days" can start already.

I found out today that 2 families with my agency have been waiting for I600 approval for 62 and 72 days, respectively.  That just plain sucks! 

On Tuesday, my mom ended up in the hospital, where she remains today.  She had been really sick for a few weeks and it finally got so bad that my dad took her to the ER.  They finally decided today that she has pancreatitis.  She's going to be in the hospital for several more days at least.  She's lost a LOT of weight and still can't keep anything down.  She needs to get well soon if she is going to make the trip to Vietnam.   And if she can't make the trip to Vietnam.....what the heck am I going to do?

Yesterday I started to feel like I was coming down with something.  Nothing major....stuffy head and sore throat.  I worked for a few hours today but now I'm just vegging on the couch getting ready for the new episode of "Lost."  I'll probably work a half day tomorrow as I have some things that have to get done but then I've got the whole weekend to rest. 

Let's hope February brings good health, new pictures of the munchkin, an acknowledgement and maybe even approval!  Hey, a girl can dream!

No comments: