Friday, August 15, 2008

couple of fun days

Yesterday, my friend Y came over after work (where she's filling in for me!) and we went for a walk and to dinner.  Sadie's new "trick" is when you ask, "How big is Sadie?"  she raises her arms way up and I say "So big!"  It's adorable.  Here she is doing it at dinner.


She has also started putting her hands out when you ask her where something is as if to say, "I don't know."  I put a cracker under the clear plastic lid on the table and asked her where it went and she did this...


Could she be any cuter?  Here's one more just because.


Today, I got up early and showered before Sadie got up.  (If I don't do this, I have to wait until nap time to nap means no shower for momma.)  When I went in to her room I found her just sitting in her crib sucking her thumb.  She's so sweet!  We had breakfast and then picked up my friend Y and went to the mall.  I wanted to check out the Gymboree store because they were having a sale and I had a coupon.  I also wanted to go to Gymboree Play and Music to get their schedule and price list.  I want to start taking Sadie to some classes because hanging out at home is getting boring.  Well, Sadie made out like a bandit at Gymboree.  They have a line right now called Petite Mademoiselle and it was on sale.  OMG.  They had the cutest pieces.  I bought a couple of things, but my favorite by far has to be this dress. 

paris dress

We did a little more shopping and Sadie also got a cute Paul Frank monkey and a Harajuku Lovers tee.  (I know...she's spoiled!)  Then we stopped for lunch.  Y and I were both craving McDonald's so Sadie had her first Happy Meal. 


Please don't judge me.  I pulled all the breading of the mc nuggets and she ate almost all of the chicken and a few fries.  (She had a very healthy dinner - I swear!)

I've been trying to figure out what to do for my 40th birthday next month and I finally decided on brunch with a couple of friends.  I found some cute invites at the mall.  All I have to do now is find the time to print them, address them and mail them. 

We dropped Y off and came back home where we played a while.  Then grandpa came over to see Sadie.  It's so funny how he calls and says, "I thought I'd come by and see Sadie."  Not see "you and Sadie" or even "you guys," - just Sadie!  A little while later Sadie had dinner (guess who likes green beans) and then a bath.  After that, she climbed up in my lap and started sucking her thumb.  It was just after 8pm.  This is VERY early for my night owl.  I quickly fixed her a bottle and she fell asleep in my arms before 8:30pm.  It's 11:10pm right now and she's woken up twice, but went down again pretty easily.  Let's hope this is a new trend. 

Tomorrow is a big day.  Sadie's getting her first haircut!  Grandma (and probably grandpa) will be there.  I'll be sure and post pictures.  Then Sunday we are going down to see my grandma.  I can't wait for Sadie to meet her great-grandma!!! 


Sarah said...

I just found your blog... your Sadie is the CUTEST!! Love the poop in the tub story too!! Next time... throw all the bath toys in the dishwasher... the heat will kill any lingering little e-critters!!

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

I am a Gymboree addict, but I know how to buy used, etc. I buy a lot on ebay or wait for sale or clearance..... I rarely buy from gymboree!!!!