Friday, April 4, 2008

what a treat!

What a lovely day I had.  (Can you believe it?!)  I decided to take the day off....just because.  I slept in and then, at 10am my time, 7pm her time, I actually got to talk to K from 3 Continent Family on the phone.  I found her blog some time last year and so enjoyed her photography and following her adoption story.  Then, we both realized we are with the same agency.  Since then, we've been emailing back and forth.  After my 3/30 post, she emailed me asking if she could call me.  She has been such a great support and friend.  She's a wonderful cheerleader!  She won't let me lose hope or get too bogged down in the negative crap.  It was so nice to actually talk to her.  I hope one day we'll be able to meet and show off our munchkins.  Since we got our referrals on or about the same day, I had hoped we might actually be in country at the same time, but with things the way they are now, who knows. 

Later, I went to lunch and shopping with my friend Y.  (We always have fun together!)  Then home where I watched not one but two movies: In the Land of Women and Sweeney Todd.  Now that it's time to go to bed, it feels great knowing I still have the whole weekend ahead of me.  Here's hoping next week brings a slew of approvals!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Kerryanne is such a sweet person! Good for you on taking a day off!