Monday, November 10, 2008

can i just brag for a minute?

Sadie is a really bright little girl.  Although she still only says a few words (hi, yeah, ow, momma) she understands A LOT and she babbles all the time!  She can tell you what sound a cow and a frog make and we're working on a duck.  She can point to her eyes, nose and belly button.  I can recite a book and she will go to her huge book bin and find that exact book.  She has figured out how to turn on every one of her electronic toys, as well as all of the tvs in the house. 

This weekend she actually freaked me out with how smart she is.  We looked at a large "My First Signs" book in her room yesterday.  We brought it downstairs and I showed her the signs for more, momma and milk.  Within a few minutes, she was signing and say momma.  It was adorable.  Then, tonight at dinner I asked her if she wanted more and she signed more.  Seriously, I showed her this once!  After dinner we looked at the signing book again and I showed her how to sign "Thank you."  She pulled her thumb out of her mouth to make the sign and smiled.  We'll see if this one sticks. 

No comments: