Monday, January 5, 2009

picking our first christmas tree

Even though I'm Jewish, I grew up always having a Christmas tree.  I love the smell, the lights and the special ornaments.  And Bailey LOVES having a tree.  She sleeps under it and drinks water from the bowl.  So, on December 13th (I know this post is very late), Sadie and I went to get our first Christmas tree together.  Making the event even more fun, grandma and grandpa tagged along!  It was a beautiful, cold day.  Nothing is worse than picking out a Christmas tree in 80 degree weather!  I went to a new lot this year and actually found "the tree" in under 5 minutes.  It was beautiful and cheaper than the last few trees I've bought.  More money for presents to go under the tree!   

015 019

The guy who helped me with my tree gave Sadie this cup and bear.  She walked around while I paid, sipping from the empty cup.

028

And here's our tree ready for the ride home.

035

No comments: