Saturday, February 7, 2009

new shoes, nell & me

Sadie last got new shoes in October.  The store where we bought them sent a postcard in January suggesting we bring her back to be resized.  So we went back today and sure enough, she's at least a 1/2 size bigger.  So guess who got 3 new pairs of shoes today.  They are so cute!  These pictures don't do them justice!

pink

silver

tennies

Sadie has a new nickname.  Although she will always be my monkey, my mom and I have started calling her Nell because her babbling sounds so much like Jodie Foster in the movie "Nell."  It's hysterical.  She'll say something and then I'll say "chickapee" and it sounds exactly the same.  She talking and babbling all the time now.  She has more new words and it's pretty easy to understand her most of the time.  But when she just goes off on a long babble, it's totally Nell.

While we were in the car today, Sadie put her blanket over her face and my mom asked, "Who's there."  Sadie loudly responded, "ME!"  We just looked at each other.  She'd never said it before and she used the word perfectly.  It was too cute.  Of course, when we tried to get her to do it again later, she wouldn't.

Now here are some pictures of my silly girl from today.

009

Admiring her new shoes

039

Showing off her Mardi Gras beads

050

Cracking up with grandma in the car

053

Loving the ranch dressing

043

The girl loves her hats

cheese

CHEESE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute.!! Thanks for sharing the pics of adorable shoes. First one is my favorite..