Tuesday, May 13, 2008

mother's day

So my mom is still quite ill.  She just doesn't seem to be getting any better.  Despite that, Mother's Day wasn't quite the bust I thought it was going to be.  We were going to go to dinner on Saturday night to avoid the crowds, but my mom wasn't up to it.  So, on Sunday, while my mother slept, my dad and I decided to bring dinner in and have dinner together at home.  She actually came to the table and ate (a little) with us.  It was great to see her out of bed.  She loved her gifts.  There's still one more coming from Sadie.  I ordered this book which I thought would be a nice project for her and a wonderful keepsake for Sadie.  

I took another day off on Monday and after a 10am agency conference call, crawled back in to bed and stayed there all day.  We received some good news on the call about the Tu Du block, but I really can't let myself get hopeful about it because I'm not sure I can take another disappointment.  I really don't know how to get myself out of this sad, angry place.  The bright spot of my Monday was a card that my amazing friend E sent me from Sadie.  She made it at the Kodak site.  It has an adorable picture of my girl on the front and reads: Mommy you are the BEST!!!  Inside it says:

Dear Mommy,

I may not be with you today but I am with you in spirit.  I have dreamed about you all my lil life and know that you are doing everything possible to bring us together.  In the meantime I am having a fun time with my nannies and playmates. 

I know you are coming to see me soon and it is just a matter of time that you will come get me and I will be in your arms. 

I know that once we are together that we will be together for life so it is worth the wait.  We will be best of friends and have many fun adventures.  I will always be so thankful for your determination and perseverance. 

I love you so much Mommy!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

I promise we will be together next year and every year going forward.

{HUGS}

XOXOXO

Sadie

E and I have been best friends since Junior High School.  I just can't believe that she took the time to do this for me.  XOXO

No comments: