Monday, June 30, 2008

time to get packing

Let the countdown begin.  We leave for HCMC very, very early Sunday morning.  We arrive on Monday morning and my G&R (Giving and Receiving Ceremony) will be Tuesday.  At that point, Sadie is legally my daughter.  This time next week (Vietnam time), I will have my girl in my arms!!!

Wednesday is my last day at work and I don't return until September 29th (the day after my 40th birthday).  I can't even imagine what it will be like to be away from work for so long.  I've still got a lot of loose ends to tie up but I know that the program and my volunteers will be in very, very capable hands.  My dear friend and volunteer Y will be managing the program while I'm gone.  (Y...I will never be able to repay you for this enormous favor you are doing for me!)

I spent the entire weekend shopping, cleaning and organizing and I've got just about everything I need at this point.  I still have mounds of laundry to do before I can start packing.  I don't know how I'm going to get my stuff, Sadie's stuff, orphanage donations and staff gifts in my 2 suitcases, but I've got to make it work.  I'm hoping my folks will carry some of the donations and gifts. 

I'm planning to take my computer with me and will blog all I can while I'm there.  I was going to switch to Wordpress to password protect my blog, but I find blogger so much more user-friendly so I'm going to keep everything here for now. 

Please keep all of the families still waiting for approval of Tu Du babies (and others) in your thoughts.  I don't know how I got so lucky to be one of 7 approvals. 

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I was assuming you were super busy getting ready to go, but thanks for posting with an update. Must be hard to process that after all this time waiting, you are about to have her in your arms. Tearing up again...

mimi lam said...

Hello
I am a VN adoption blog lurker, would like to congratulation on your approval, I wish you a very smooth travel, enjoy your baby, parenthood, her country, it is a very lovely place, full of life energy, thrills, beautiful sceneries, and kind people, and have a smooth trip home.

lynnegabe said...

I can't believe this is finally happening. If you are this organized when baby Sadie is home with you I think I will faint. Or barf. Or come to your home and steal your DNA and make piles of cash having you cloned. You are an amazing woman. Bon voyage!

The Gregs said...

Wahoo!